Saturday, December 10, 2011

A baby changes everything

Don't you just love that song?  "A baby changes everything"  Isn't that the truth!  Babies change our schedules, our sleeping habits, our perspective, our desires, our passion and our convictions.  One baby changed the course of history.  JESUS.

I imagine a young, frightened Mary, holding Joseph's hand as she delivers her firstborn.  I imagine her praising God, praying to God, trying to grasp what is happening.  And HE was born.  A human baby, crying for his mother's milk.  GOD, the baby.  How would you care for God?  How did Mary treat him, teach him, look at him?  So many questions I would love to ask her some day!

This baby did indeed, change everything.  He not only changed Mary and Joseph's lives but my life as well.  Without this miraculous birth, life would be meaningless.  Without his perfect life, there would be no hope.  Without his death and resurrection, I would be lost.


"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given.....and His name shall be called Wonderful, Prince of Peace, Counselor, the Mighty God......"


My whole life has turned around
I was lost but now am found
A baby changes everything, yeah,
A baby changes everything.
Faith Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment