Monday, September 20, 2010

Week 2 of homeschool - some more things I learned

1. I don't have a good answer to questions like "why do I have to know what a preposition is?"

2. Lunch break is the best part of the day, just like it was when I was in school.

3. Kids will do anything to get out of work.

4. The red pen is a powerful tool.

5. The desire to cheat comes naturally.

6. Kyall has terrible penmanship, and I'm not sure it should be a big deal.

7. Coloring for a 3rd and 5th grader is a waste of school time.

8. Lucas loves to trace.

9. I'm glad Bible memorization is part of my kids' curriculum.

10. I cannot resist correcting misspelled words, even if the subject is math.


Figuring it out, a day at a time!

Miriam

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is exciting to watch kids learn...I'm so glad that you are learning right along with them (and from them).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re #10: Great! Good instinct, don't try to resist! ~ they should learn EARLY to apply what they learn EVERYWHERE!
    I LOVE your blog ~ I'm getting to know you and your kids! Nancy

    ReplyDelete