Saturday, October 16, 2010

Creation = Proof



Every day, I look at parts of the majestic Andes mountains. In some places, they rise against a gray sky and are covered with dirt and rocks. In other places, they rise against a clear blue sky and are covered with huge trees and brush. In yet other places, they are dusted with snow and overlook clear blue water.

I miss this season in the U.S. I can imagine the Blue Ridge mountains there, covered with orange, yellow and red - some of my favorite sights.

I see many, many different kinds of trees in Peru, some with huge leaves, some with long, pink flowers, some with small, round leaves and others with mangos, bananas or papaya.

In the U.S. I marvel at the huge magnolia trees, love the fir trees and feel nostalgic when I see palm trees.

Flowers - red, white, and peach roses, love them! I love sunflowers, hydrangeas, magnolias and lilies. God surely had fun designing flowers!

Then there is the ocean. I have seen the Atlantic Ocean many times in Virginia, the Pacific Ocean in Peru and Costa Rica, the Gulf of Mexico in Alabama and in Mexico. I have seen the Caribbean Sea in Cuba and in the Dominican Republic. Each one is breathtaking in its beauty and vastness. I feel closer to God at the ocean. One day, Brent and I will have a beach front home.

So many other amazing and incomprehensible creations of God - all of them point directly to Him. I cannot fathom there being a true atheist. All around us, every day, every minute, creation shouts that there not only is most definitely a God, but there is ONE God and He is truly Big, Good and beyond our understanding. Mostly, He is Love.

Thank you, Lord, for allowing us to enjoy your masterpieces.

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment