Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes

Lucas is five and is asking a ton of questions about God and Jesus, which he reminds me often, are both God.  He is starting to understand that God can do anything, so he prays with childlike faith, never doubting.  I am learning a lot from him.  Here are some of his sweetest and funniest prayers of late:

"God, please help our apartments in Pichanaki get bigger."

"God, I hope you will make this day go by faster than normal so Dad can get home sooner."

"God, please make the days go by faster until You come here to Earth."

"God, please keep us healthy, even though we don't eat healthy food."

"God, thank you for Nana and Papaw letting us stay in their house."

"God, thank you that Jesus died on the cross."

"God, I hope you can make Mommy's tummy better."

"God, help Brownie to grow bigger so he won't be in a biting mood."

"God, I hope the trip to Pichanaki won't be so long."

"God, thank you for our comfty beds and stuff."

"God, please keep Nana and Papaw safe."

"God, I hope you can help us tell lots of people about you in Pichanaki."

No comments:

Post a Comment