Monday, November 22, 2010

Giving Thanks

"How can I say thanks for the things You have done for me.....things so undeserved, yet You give to prove Your love for me....the voices of a million angels could not express my gratitude, all that I am or ever hope to be ~ I owe it all to Thee."

My heart overflows with gratitude for so many things, I could not begin to write about them all. My Heavenly Father has cared for me, provided for me and allowed me to live a happy and abundant life. He has been patient with me, forgiving and kind, and has answered so many of my prayers. He is the One who gives me life, the One who opens my eyes to His love and the One for whom I live.

God's greatest gift to me besides Himself is my husband. He knew exactly who I needed to bring balance and wisdom to my life. I am fearful and anxious; Brent is strong and calm. I worry; Brent trusts. I question; Brent knows. I cry; Brent holds me. I get overwhelmed; Brent brings it all into perspective. He is a man of integrity who lives what he preaches. He is an excellent father and a wise and good man. I am so very thankful for him and each day we have together. I love him more every year and am still enjoying getting to know his heart.

I am so thankful for my children, for my friends, my church family, my place of service, my health, my life. God has been abundantly good to me and to my family.

A thankful heart is a happy heart ~ I firmly believe this. I hope and pray I will remain thankful in the valley or in tragedy. I hope my gratefulness isn't conditional. I don't think it is.

Happy Thanksgiving 2010! May it truly be a day for giving thanks.

Miriam


No comments:

Post a Comment