Friday, November 26, 2010

The good, the bad and the ugly of Thanksgiving 2010

The good:

1. We got to talk with some new friends
2. The kids had a blast
3. Someone brought "Cool Whip" (can't find that in Peru)
4. The "two-hand touch" football game ended with minimal injuries
5. I laughed until I cried
6. Two Canadian families celebrated with us
7. There was plenty of turkey for everyone to take some home
8. Someone brought cranberry sauce (also can't find this in Peru)
9. The kids made some new friends
10. Someone else cleaned up

The bad:

1. We missed our families who are in the U.S.
2. The kids are all sunburned
3. The Cool Whip went quickly and I only got a tiny scoop
4. The guys realized how old they are after playing football
5. We didn't get to talk to everyone there
6. Our Canadian friend said he was "thankful he wasn't American" (totally kidding, of course)
7. I missed my mom's broccoli casserole and "pull apart biscuits"
8. I won't have cranberry sauce again for at least a year
9. I ate too much
10. We had to pay someone to clean up

The ugly:

There was nothing ugly, it was a beautiful day! So thankful for good friends, especially when we're far from family.

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment