Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas funnies/special moments 2010

Christmas 2010 was a special and fun day. We are so thankful for good and faithful friends, but especially so on special days when we miss family. Here are some of the highlights ~ at least in my mind......

When Lucas woke me up at 6:15 telling me everything that was in his stocking and to wish me a Merry Christmas.

When we heard Lucas loudly whispering what he thought a gift was "A snowboard!" (that's funny because we live in Lima and we will never see a snowflake, ever).

When the kids busted into our room at 7:00 singing "Get up, get up, get up!!!" (they were told not to make a peep until 7 - hey, we tried).

When Kyall opened his skateboard and said "I never thought I'd see the day I would own a skateboard!"

When Lucas opened one of his "big" gifts and said "Oh, it's that one." When asked if he liked it, he said "Ehh, kind of."

When Olivia and Kyall insisted on giving their daddy money so he could buy cd's on itunes.

When Brent surprised me with a beautiful necklace.

When Lucas opened Wii Mario, whooped and yelled "YES! I've been dying for this! Zane is going to love this! This is the day I've been waiting for! I'm never going to share this with Kyall and Sis!"

After being sick all week, Kyall telling me he knew I would feel better on Christmas morning because "It is a day for miracles".

Olivia jamming to Casting Crowns in her room with her new ipod dock.

Brent making giblet gravy just from remembering watching his mom and grandmother make it.

Olivia and Kyall thinking they were Zeke and Luther after owning skateboards for 10 minutes.

Lucas asking "Since it's Christmas, can we skip church tomorrow?"

Kyall giving away his stocking treats just because he likes to share.

Olivia telling me it was her favorite Christmas ever.

Spending Christmas with the Kennedys for the first time.

Debbie's bedazzled Santa hat and "topal" jewelry (had to be there).

Mychelle's amazing cooking and baking.

The boxer reaching up onto the stove and pulling a full pan of turkey bones and grease onto the floor.

The girls winning Taboo.

The peanut butter fudge.

Watching the 12 kids play and laugh together.

The kids' handbell special they performed for the parents.

Good friends.

Celebrating Jesus.

Miriam


No comments:

Post a Comment