Monday, July 11, 2011

Never Say Never

You'd think I'd know by now.  I mean, seriously.

As a high school student, I had to take Spanish.  Hated it.  Almost failed it.  Didn't think I'd ever use it.  Actually said it was a waste of time because I would NEVER need it.  Never dreamed I'd be spending my adult life speaking it every single day.

As a newly married couple, our future was set.  Off to Peru, where my husband had grown up, where family lived.  I NEVER even considered we may go to another country, and I'm pretty sure I NEVER considered Cuba.  When it became an option for us, I think I even said that nasty word: NEVER.  Three years.  Lots of major life lessons and valuable experiences in Cuba.

Took birthing classes.  Why not?  Chatted and giggled with Brent during the Cesarean preparation part.  Didn't need it.  I would NEVER have to have a Cesarean!  Three Cesareans and 3 precious little people later,  I can look back and laugh, but I guarantee I was NOT laughing when I realized I didn't have a clue about what to do or expect.

My children have had such a wonderful educational experience up until now.  They had a super Christian school in Lima and a very positive public school experience in Texas.   I NEVER wanted to homeschool, NEVER even really considered it an option.  Year one of Williams Academy is now over.  Thankfully, it was very enjoyable and the kids made all A's pretty handily.  I do attribute this to their good base.  At least a couple more years of homeschooling to go!  Yippee!

After nine years living in Lima, I was pretty much adapted, at home even.  I NEVER wanted to nor considered living in the jungle......uh, yeah.

So.......

I will NEVER be a millionaire, I will NEVER be a millionaire, I will NEVER be a millionaire......

3 comments:

  1. So funny. When we were applying to our mission agency I remember looking at their website and deciding to skip the field of Peru, because I was never going to go there. Hmm, well now I have lived here for four years and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! And I could have my own list of "I'll NEVER!!!" I know God has a sense of humor ;)

    ReplyDelete