Saturday, March 26, 2011

On waiting.

I hate to wait. I just do. I do not like to wait in line. I do not like to wait for "all the flavors to become one" in my spaghetti sauce. I do not like to wait for God to show me His will. I do not like to wait for my kids to obey me. I do not like to wait until I have enough money to buy what I really want. I do not like to wait on people who are late. I do not like to wait for explanations. I do not like to wait until the end of the book (I usually peek).

Some of my most memorable times of waiting are: waiting to get my ears pierced, waiting for my first kiss, waiting to be a college student, waiting for marriage, waiting on God to show Brent and me our first place of ministry, waiting to learn Spanish, waiting for our first baby to be born, waiting for furlough, waiting on the results of medical tests, waiting for God to show us where He wanted us to minister in Peru, and now, waiting for Him to take us there. Of course, there are many, many more, but these are the ones that stand out to me.

I can reflect on each of these times in my life and name lessons learned that I probably would have missed had I not had to wait.

Right now, the waiting is unbearable on some days. I am ready to join my husband in the endeavor God has given us of starting a church in Pichanaki. Yet I wait. We have not been able to find housing and so we wait. I don't understand why we're having to wait but I also do not want to miss what God has for me during this time. I know there is a wonderful reason and I trust my Heavenly Father. Apparently, there is still significant work to be done in my life and part of that will only be accomplished as I wait.

"They that wait on the Lord will renew their strength, they will mount up with wings as eagles...." Isaiah 40:31

So I wait.

Miriam

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mir! I know it's hard! I'm praying daily for you. Love and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on this, Miriam. The good news is it gets easier as you get older; the bad news is it's a good thing. :). My word to you is what Naomi said to Ruth: "Sit still, my daughter, until thou know how the matter will fall: for the man will not be in rest, until he have finished the thing this day." (Ruth 3:18) God bless you, dear girl, and your precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is luke, i have been waiting for a couple of weeksto hear if i got this job or not and it is killing me. so thanks for your blog it helped me chill, a little...

    ReplyDelete