Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Quiet and Secure

According to Kyall's 3rd grade ACE pace, the definition of peace is "quiet and secure". This just screamed at me today.

Oh how I wish my heart to be described like this as well ~ quiet and secure. There is absolutely no reason in this world why it shouldn't be. I am secure in Christ, loved and cared for by my Heavenly Father and this should be enough to quiet my heart.

Unfortunately and to my shame, my heart is more often turbulent and insecure. I wonder what those words define.

Why is this? There's only one reason - my eyes are on myself and my circumstances and not on my Father. I foolishly refuse to believe what I know to be true! I question, doubt, fret and argue. No wonder my heart is not always at peace.

Jesus offers me peace. His desire for me is that my heart is quiet and secure in Him. All I have to do is accept and rest. Sounds so easy, doesn't it??

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Miriam


No comments:

Post a Comment