Sunday, August 22, 2010

Kyall Brent


Having grown up with only brothers and really thinking I had a handle on the male gender, I always wanted to have a son. I fully expected our firstborn to be a boy and was shocked when we found out she was a girl! I really thought I would be a better mother to boys. Well, thankfully, God knew what we needed and in what order. I treasure being a mom, and God did give me a son - two of them. Truth be told, the boys have been easier in many ways up until now. I love boys and can't imagine our family without them.

Kyall Brent is 8 1/2 yrs. old. My husband and I really felt that Olivia needed a playmate, so we prayed about giving her one, and still while in Cuba, I got pregnant for the second time. We were so excited and just knew we were going to give her a little sister who could wear all her hand-me-downs and play with her toys. We decided to not find out the gender of this baby until he/she was born, just to mix things up a bit. When I was almost 8 mos. pregnant, we moved to Peru, where Kyall was born. We were surprised he was a boy and ironically, I wondered what to do with a boy, now that I had figured out how to care for a girl! God does have a sense of humor. Kyall has grown up in Peru and is actually Peruvian because of being born here.

We chose the name Kyall because it was like one of two that we both liked and Brent is his dad's middle name. We figured there would be thousands of Kyle Williams's in the English speaking world, so we decided to spell his name a little funky. I will never forget my mom telling me "That's not how you spell Kyle!" Well, it's how we spell it!

Kyall is all boy and then some. His favorite thing to do is to play. He loves karate, light sabers, swords, guns, and any kind of fighting and is very good at it. He is a sensitive and sweet boy, with a unique and fun personality. We are learning that he is the class clown, which kind of surprises us as he is very mild and even a little shy. If only I could be a fly on the wall of his classrooms..... He is smart and has made straight A's up until now, which also surprises us, as his attention span is like 2 minutes long.

Kyall is a one-friend kind of guy. He has a best buddy and that's pretty much all he needs. He is loyal to the end and will stick with his one friend like glue. He has always loved girls, never had a "oooh, cooties" stage and they love him. (pray for us, please) He is such a great big brother to his little brother, and loves to teach him stuff. He'll pretend to not like hugs and kisses from Mom, but really, he's still my baby.

Kyall was saved this past year at the age of 7 and has yet to be baptized. His interest in spiritual things is slowly growing.

We are so thankful that God not only gave Olivia an awesome playmate, but that He gave us an awesome son. He is a precious and special boy and our lives would not be as full and rich without him. We pray God will grant us wisdom and discernment as he grows up in this world full of entrapments, evil and confusion. Our prayer for Kyall is that he will serve God with his whole heart and will be a man of integrity and character who knows how to love.

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment