Friday, August 6, 2010

Sick Days

Although I hate being sick, sometimes I just need a sick day or two, you know? My husband waits on me, I get to sleep as much as I want, my kids are quiet and sweet.....not too bad of a deal.

I have been fighting my bi-anual sinus infection for days now and it finally got me. After a night of fever, chills and terrible aches, I just need a day or two of rest. Brent and the kids are out and I am enjoying a quiet house. Even feeling icky, I can still appreciate a quiet house!

I am thankful God made our bodies in a way that they kind of tell us when we need to slow down and take a rest. Sometimes, it's not the most pleasant experience, but it is a sure way to get our attention.

So, as I look at floors that need mopping, laundry that needs folding, etc., I'm just going to look away and pretend I didn't notice. It will all be here tomorrow and the day after. Today, I am going to listen to my body and give it a break!

Miriam




2 comments:

  1. I sure wish I was there to help you! Take care of yourself and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the neti-pot? It helps so much for sinus infections.

    I am bummed you are not feeling well.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete