Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lucas Seth


Just when we thought we had the parenting of small children down and we were done with diapers, bibs, and high chairs.....you guessed it, God decided He needed to mix things up a bit! Olivia was 6 and Kyall was 4 when Lucas Seth arrived. He "turned our world upside down" is a serious understatement. Motherhood has never been more difficult or more rewarding as it has been trying to figure this little guy out!

Lucas is 4 and is growing so fast, I just want to put a halt to it! During every stage of his life, Lucas has been completely different from his brother and sister, but I love the stage he's in now. He makes us laugh out loud several times every day, and also makes us want to rip our hair out about once a day. Lucas has a strong will if I've ever seen one, and has challenged us from day one. He has a mind of his own, his own way of doing things and he will do everything all by himself, thank you very much.

Lucas adores his big brother and would follow him around all day if Kyall would let him. He is very affectionate and will still sit in my lap and let me cuddle him. He has an awesome sense of humor and is surprisingly smart and tuned in to what's going on, even if we think he hasn't been listening.

Lucas loves to sing, dance, play the air guitar and air drums, play his DS and loves dinosaurs. Since he started talking, he has sung with vibrato and it is so funny to listen to. He may just be my musical one.

God is so incredibly good to us and we thank Him daily for our precious children. Our family was given an extra dose of joy and adventure with the arrival of Lucas. He keeps me on my toes and I wouldn't have it any other way.....except on the days when I want to lock him up and throw away the key! Just kidding, he is a gem and we can't wait to see what God will do with his unique personality. We pray for much patience and wisdom, all the while giving thanks.

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment