Sunday, August 8, 2010

Language of the Heart

During our year in the U.S., we very much enjoyed the music at Central Baptist Church in Sulphur Springs, TX. We loved learning new praise choruses and songs. The music chosen made it easy to create an atmosphere that was conducive to worship. How we will miss that!

We also love the music in many of the churches we've visited here in Peru. There are so many songs in Spanish that are much more expressive and poignant than the same song in English.

Before I learned to understand and speak Spanish, I would just listen to the melody and enjoy the music, but once I started understanding the words....wow, what a different experience altogether!

I am so glad that God doesn't speak English or Spanish, but the language of the heart. I don't think God even hears what language we're speaking when we sing or pray to Him. I think He's too busy looking at our heart and listening to what is really there.

One of my favorite songs in Spanish is called "Tu Estas Aqui". I have sung it as a solo, but enjoy it much more when singing it in a church service surrounded by my brothers and sisters in Christ. I think God might like this one as well, in any language. Here is just part of it, translated into English:

"Tu Estas Aqui" "You Are Here"

Aunque mis ojos no te pueden ver Although my eyes can't see You
Se que estas aqui, se que estas aqui I know You're here, I know You're here
Aunque mis manos no pueden tocar Although my hands can't touch
Tu rostro, Senor, se que estas aqui Your face, Lord, I know You're here

Mi corazon puede sentir tu presencia My heart can feel Your presence
Estas aqui, estas aqui You are here, You are here
Mi corazon puede mirar tu hermosura My heart can see Your beauty
Estas aqui, estas aqui. You are here, You are here.

Miriam

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could hear you sing it! I miss your beautiful Soprano voice-it is truly a gift from the Lord, Miriam! Keep singing! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girlfriend. Back at ya! Next time, we'll sing together, k?

    ReplyDelete