Friday, August 13, 2010

New beginnings

I LOVE new beginnings. A new day, a new year, a new start, a new outlook.....thank goodness for new beginnings. When I have a bad day, I am so happy when it's over and look forward to starting fresh the next day. When the new year rolls around, oh man, you should see my lists of resolutions!! I want to start over with everything, from habits to hair to how I parent.

Some of my favorite verses in the Bible are Lamentations 3:22-23 "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (NIV) In another version, it reads "His mercies begin afresh each morning". Isn't that so awesome? Yesterday is done, in the past, and this morning, not only do I get a fresh start, but God will start over with me!

I am so glad God knows we are but dust and relates to us as such. He knows how important it is to me to have new beginnings, so He gives them to me.

For me, one of the dangers of new starts being so cool to me, is that I'll wait until Monday to start the diet (even if it's only Wednesday), or I'll wait until the new year to start a reading regimen that I should be doing now, or I'll wait until next month to stay on budget!

I realize we can't just erase yesterday or last month, because our decisions affect the rest of our lives, but it sure is wonderful to know that there's always tomorrow to do better, love better, spend more time with God, learn, grow and start afresh.

My Redeemer is faithful and true.
Everything He has said He will do.
Every morning His mercies are new.
My Redeemer is faithful and true.
(one of my favorite songs)

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment